||Thursday, January 3, 2019
||ECE ITS research and academic computing infrastructure maintenance windows and restart schedules
|Service Change Date/Time
||Monday, January 7, 2019 5:00 AM EST
||Several academic and computing cluster systems will be included in regular maintenance windows and restart schedules.
|HH 1305 cluster
||Systems will restart weekly on Mondays from 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
|ECE Numbers Cluster (ECE000:ECE031)
Graphical Linux Cluster (ECE-GUI)
- Systems will be restarted on the first business day during semester breaks and on the first Monday after a semester ends, from 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
- Idle sessions will automatically logout after 3 days of inactivity (no keystroke detected)
||System will be restarted weekly on Mondays from 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
The message of the day (MOTD) will be updated to remind connected users of the appropriate times and days for the respective system restarts.
Systems may also be restarted to resolve performance or security issues as needed. Community members will be notified if work will be impacted.
- Remote sessions, active or idle, will be closed, including screen or tmux sessions
- Running processes will end and must be restarted by the end-user
- Store output for long-running jobs periodically throughout processing if possible
- Use the condor job scheduler as a manager for long running jobs