On this page
- Physical clusters
- Remote access clusters
ITS provides one site where ECE students may sit at the computing device. This is in Hamerschlag Hall 1305 and consists of 20 Dell Optiplex 760 workstations. Each unit is equipped with a 24″ monitor.
The machines found in HH1305 are:
[apollo, ares, artemis, cronus, demeter, erida, erinyes, eris, fates, gorgons, graces, hades, hebe, helios, hermes, hestia, leto, nemesis, oceanus, themis].andrew.local.cmu.edu
There are several remote access compute clusters located in the ITS Cyert Hall machine room, some of which are publicly accessible and some of which are only accessible from within the CMU network. They can be accessed remotely either directly through ssh, sftp, or, indirectly, via a service such as condor. Condor is described in greater detail elsewhere in this guide.
- ECE COMMUNITY – PRIVATE
- The primary private site is known as the ECE compute cluster with 32 machines. All faculty, grad & undergrad students automatically receive access to these machines. Machine names ece000 through ece031.
|ece000 thru ece007.ece.local.cmu.edu||24||64|
|ece008 thru ece013.ece.local.cmu.ed||20||128|
|ece014 thru ece016.ece.local.cmu.edu||28||256|
|ece017 thru ece022.ece.local.cmu.edu||16||16|
|ece023 thru ece028.ece.local.cmu.edu||20||128|
|ece029 thru ece031.ece.local.cmu.edu||28||256|
- GRAPHICAL LINUX
- A small number of graphical Linux servers are available via CMU networks only using FastX
- Various research groups or principle investigators have their own compute clusters. Access to those clusters is only available with the consent of the party who owns the cluster.
- ECE DATA SCIENCE CLOUD
- Upon approval from an ECE faculty advisor, researchers may request access to the ECE Data Science cloud. It is comprised of systems with larger memory, gpu, and cpu resources than standard servers. Large simulation jobs must be submitted via a Condor head node.
- Please submit inquiries using the ECE Data Science Cloud Inquiry form