Contact UsFor assistance, please email email@example.com
Emergency number: (412) 268-1732
- ECE Clusters to use ANDREW.CMU.EDU authentication
- Critical Windows 10 update for CVE-2020-0601
- Bluejeans transition to Zoom
Tag Archives: mysql
MySQL Database Hosting
ECE Computing Facilities runs a replicated cluster of MySQL servers (mysql.campus.ece.cmu.local). It is only accessible from on-campus IP addresses, since it is in a private IP netblock. If you need to access it from elsewhere, you will need to access it through a campus IP address first, either through an SSH tunnel or the VPN.
If a member of the ECE community or an ECE project group wants to have a database hosted, there are some points to bear in mind
- This is a shared resource: do not perform any activity that impacts the other users.
- In formulating your request, please have some idea of your projected usage; for example, at least number of reads/writes per second, number of tables and total database size.
- Please let us know, especially, if you are building automated tools that will read or write to the database on a regular and frequent basis.
- The server cluster is both replicated and backed up; but at the very least, you should keep a copy of your schema. Backup is not a substitute for version control.
If you want a MySQL database hosted, please ask.
Posted in Data Storage Tagged database, hosting, mysql